Canyon Door & Frame Company, LLC
Windows & Doors Listing Program
- Canyon Door & Frame Company, LLC
- Fire rated Door Frames
- Aubrey, TX
- December 6, 2019
- December 6, 2019
UL 10B Fire Tests of Door Assemblies
UL 10C Positive Pressure Fire Tests of Door Assemblies
NFPA 252 Standard Methods of Fire Tests of Door Assemblies
CAN/ULC S104 Standard Method for Fire Tests of Door Assemblies
20 Minute Positive Pressure rated Category “C” Proprietary Fire Door Frames with Hose Stream.
20-MINUTE CATEGORY C PROPRIETARY FIRE DOOR FRAMES:
Swing Type: Maximum Dimensions Latching: Width: Height: Single Swing 3’0” (914 mm) 8’0” (2438 mm) Single point Pairs NOT PERMITTED Double Egress NOT PERMITTED
• Permitted door types: Wood doors
• Minimum frame leg width: 4-9/16” (115.9 mm)
• Maximum frame leg width: Equivalent to wall thickness
• Minimum frame leg thickness: 3/4” (18.26 mm)
• Minimum rabbet (for 1-3/4” thick door): 2-3/16” (54.76 mm)
• Minimum stop height: 1/2″ (12.7 mm)
• Minimum stop width: 2-7/16” (61.14 mm)
• Maximum kerf size: 1/8” x 3/8” (3.175 mm x 9.525 mm)
Frame and Stops:
• American Riviera II Inc. Premium Prime 20 minute fire rated wood door frame profile.
• Single rabbet frame, stop is integral to the frame profile.
• Kerf-applied fire rated Category H smoke and draft seal must be used. Seal must be listed for use with wood frames and type of door being installed.
• Not permitted.
Casing / Moulding:
• Finger-joined Pine (see Machining Specifications report for details).
• Minimum thickness: 21/32” (16.7 mm)
• Minimum width: 2-1/2” (63.5 mm)
Hinge and Strike Plates:
• All hinges and applicable hardware must be fire rated for use in openings at or above the fire rating of the frame system being installed.
• Preparation of all hinges shall be made in accordance with NFPA 80, the hinge manufacturer’s installation instructions and templates.
• All strike plates and latch bolt receiver areas shall be prepared in accordance with the NFPA 80 and manufacturer’s installation instructions and templates.
• Not permitted.
• Surface Mounted Door Closer only.
• Mortised Door Closer is not permitted.
• Silicone applied between the jamb and rough opening on both sides of the assembly.
• For use in listed walls of steel or wood studs and drywall or masonry construction.
• Follow NFPA 80 installation guidelines as well as details outlined in the Machining Specifications report.
Refer to QAI evaluation report F462-1 and the applicable test reports for test assembly configurations used for fire endurance testing.
Final acceptance of the product in the intended application is to be determined by the authority having jurisdiction (AHJ).
Product is to be installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s published installation instructions by qualified installing personnel.
The materials, products or systems listed in this directory have been qualified to bear the QAI Listing Mark under the conditions stated with each Listing. Only those products bearing the QAI Listing Mark are considered to be listed by QAI.
No warrantee is expressed or implied, and no guarantee is provided that any jurisdictional authority will accept the Listing found herein. The appropriate authorities should be contacted regarding the acceptability of any given Listing.
Visit the QAI Online Listing Directory located at www.qai.org for the most up to date version of this Listing and to validate that this QAI Listing is active. Questions regarding this listing may be directed to email@example.com. Please include the listing number in the request.