Archgard Industries Ltd.
Gas Products Listing Program
- Archgard Industries Ltd.
- Vented Gas Fireplace Heaters
- Mission, BC
- August 22, 2018
- August 27, 2019
ANSI Z21.88 / CSA 2.33 “Vented Gas Fireplace Heaters”
CSA 2.17 “Gas Fired Appliances for Use at High Altitudes”
CAN/CSA-P.4.1 Testing Method for Measuring Annual Fireplace Efficiency
With reference to:
CSA C22.2 No. 3 “Electrical Features of Fuel-Burning Equipment
Direct Vented Gas Fireplaces – Masonry Insert
Each product is marked with the following located so as to be easily read when the appliance is in a normally installed position:
1. QAI logo with the ‘c’ and ‘us’ indicators
2. Manufacturers name or recognized trademark
3. Manufacturers location (city, province)
4. Model designation of the appliance
5. The product standards used for the evaluation including the edition of the standard or the most recent effective addenda thereto:
a. ANSI Z21.88 / CSA 2.33 “Vented Gas Fireplace Heater”
b. CSA 2.17 “Gas Fired Appliances for Use at High Altitudes”
c. CAN/CSA-P.4.1 “Testing Method for Measuring Annual Fireplace Efficiency”
6. A distinctive number that will identify an individual appliance for traceability
7. Type of appliance: “Vented Gas Fireplace Heaters”
8. The manufacturer’s normal hourly Btu input rating and manifold pressure in inches of water column
9. The manufacturer’s minimum hourly Btu input rating for an appliance having a multi-rate or automatic modulating control
10. Type of gas for which equipped: “Natural Gas” or “Liquefied Petroleum (Propane)”
11. Minimum permissible gas supply pressure for purpose of input adjustment.
12. The statement: “Vented Gas Fireplace Heater – Not for Use with Solid Fuel.”
a. Note: The size of the lettering used for this marking is Vogue boldfaced upper case type, or equivalent, having a minimum letter height of 0.100 in (2.54 mm). The minimum vertical spacing between lines of type is 0.066 in (1.67 mm). This letter height measurement corresponds to 10-point type. This line spacing measurement corresponds to 2-point leading.
13. On all vented gas fireplace heaters: “This vented gas fireplace heater is not for use with air filters.”
14. Electrical rating including voltage, frequency (hz), total input in amperes. If the total input of all components is less than 12 amperes, the input marking may optionally be shown as “less than XX amperes” where XX is equal to or greater than the total input in amperes.
15. Where applicable, the statement: “FOR USE WITH GLASS DOORS CERTIFIED WITH THE APPLIANCE ONLY” or “NOT FOR USE WITH GLASS DOORS”
16. Where applicable, “For use only with barrier(s) Part No(s). ____. Follow installation instructions.”
Other markings as required by the standard.
Appliance manuals and instructions are provided with each unit.
Please refer to the Listing Document Link at the top of the page for Models and Ratings Charts
• Each unit must be installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s installation instructions and the code enforced by the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ). Units must be installed by a qualified gas technician.
• Minimum energy efficiency requirements may vary by jurisdiction, consumers should check their local regulation before purchasing a new gas fireplace heater.
The materials, products or systems listed in this directory have been qualified to bear the QAI Listing Mark under the conditions stated with each Listing. Only those products bearing the QAI Listing Mark are considered to be listed by QAI.
No warrantee is expressed or implied, and no guarantee is provided that any jurisdictional authority will accept the Listing found herein. The appropriate authorities should be contacted regarding the acceptability of any given Listing.
Visit the QAI Online Listing Directory located at www.qai.org for the most up to date version of this Listing and to validate that this QAI Listing is active. Questions regarding this listing may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the listing number in the request.