Archgard Industries Ltd.
Gas Products Listing Program
- Archgard Industries Ltd.
- Solid Fuel Type Room Heaters
- Mission, BC
- September 12, 2018
- September 12, 2018
UL 1482 “Standard for Safety for Solid-Fuel Type Room Heaters”
ULC S627 “Standard for Space Heaters for Use with Solid Fuels”
ULC S628 “Standard for Fireplace Inserts”
Solid-Fuel Type Room Heaters and Fireplace Inserts
Each product is marked with the following located so as to be easily read when the appliance is in a normally installed position:
1. QAI logo with the ‘c’ and ‘us’ indicators
2. Manufacturers name or recognized trademark
3. Manufacturers location (city, province)
4. Model designation of the appliance
5. Date of manufacture or a distinctive number that will identify an individual appliance for traceability
6. Minimum clearances to combustible materials. These clearances are to be written and diagrammatic form. Refer to the tables below for more details.
7. Type and dimensions of floor protection. The dimensions shall be in diagrammatic form.
8. Type of chimney and chimney connector to be used with the room heater.
9. Types of fuels to be used and a statement warning against the use of other fuels.
10. The identification and use of components essential for a safe installation.
11. A warning against obstructing the space beneath the heater.
12. A statement referencing manufacturer’s installation, operation and maintenance manual for installation and operating instructions and reference to local building code for details.
13. A statement to the effect that the space heater is to be operated with the doors closed.
14. The statement: “Do Not Overfire – If Heater or Chimney Connector Glows, You Are Overfiring,” or equivalent.
15. The statement: “Inspect and Clean Chimney Frequently – Under Certain Conditions of Use, Creosote Buildup May Occur Rapidly.”
16. The statement: “Install and Use Only in Accordance With Manufacturer’s Installation And Operating Instructions,” or equivalent.
17. The statement: “Contact Local Building or Fire Officials About Restrictions and Installation Inspection in Your Area.”
18. The statement: “For Use With Solid Wood Fuel Only”.
19. The statement: “Do Not Connect This Unit to a Chimney Flue Serving Another Appliance.”
20. Where the space heater is equipped with glass components the statement: “Replace glass only with ceramic glass.”
Other markings as required by the standards.
Appliance manuals and instructions are provided with each unit.
Please refer to the listing document link at the top of the page for Models and Ratings Charts
The materials, products or systems listed in this directory have been qualified to bear the QAI Listing Mark under the conditions stated with each Listing. Only those products bearing the QAI Listing Mark are considered to be listed by QAI.
No warrantee is expressed or implied, and no guarantee is provided that any jurisdictional authority will accept the Listing found herein. The appropriate authorities should be contacted regarding the acceptability of any given Listing.
Visit the QAI Online Listing Directory located at www.qai.org for the most up to date version of this Listing and to validate that this QAI Listing is active. Questions regarding this listing may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the listing number in the request.