ATCO Structures and Logistics Ltd.
Factory Built Structures Listing Program
- ATCO Structures and Logistics Ltd.
- Relocatable Commercial/Industrial Structures, Groups C, D, and F3
- Calgary, AB
- REC712-4 ED 2
- July 12, 2021
- August 4, 2022
CSA A277-16 “Procedure for certification of prefabricated buildings, modules, and panels”,
CSA C22.1 Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1 – As Provincially Amended,
Alberta Building Code (Parts 4, 9, and 10),
National Plumbing Code of Canada 2015, and
CSA B149.1 Natural Gas and Propane Installation Code – As Provincially Amended
Note: Unless otherwise specified, the Standards/Codes noted are the most current versions in effect.
Factory Built Mobile Commercial/Industrial/Residential Relocatable Structures
Products are marked in a permanent manner where it is readily visible after installation with the following:
1. The QAI Label (item 1095 – black lettering with silver background) is normally located in close proximity to the electrical panel.
QAI Logo shown here:
2. The QAI Specification Nameplate (item 1068, 8-1/2” x 14” in size) is located in close proximity to the electrical panel and includes:
• Manufacturer’s Name and Address,
• Date of Manufacture,
• Model Serial Number or Product Code,
• Foundation Type (Perimeter Foundation Wall or Piers),
• Floor Live Load,
• Specified Snow Load (1/50),
• Seismic Response Sa(0.2),
• Hourly Wind Pressure (1/50),
• Building Envelope Effective Thermal Resistance,
• Windows/Doors/Skylights Thermal Characteristics,
• Outside Design temperature (Heat Loss/Heat Gain),
• Factory Installed Appliances,
• Site Installed Components, Assemblies, and Systems,
• Electrical System Voltage, Frequency, and Amperage
Other Markings as required by the relevant Codes.
The QAI Label and Specification Nameplate are available from QAI and must be applied at the Factory.
Factory Built Mobile Commercial/Industrial/Residential Relocatable Structures comprised of single or multiple modules in single or two storey configurations and are classified under Groups C, D, and F3 of the Alberta Building Code and:
i. Single storey, without sleeping accommodation that is not > 1200m2 in building area, and not > 2400m2 if sprinklered; or
ii. Single storey, with sleeping accommodation that is not > 600m2 in building area, and not > 1200m2 if sprinklered; or
iii. Two storeys without sleeping accommodation that is not > 600m2 in building area, and not > 1200m2 if sprinklered; or
iv. Two storeys with sleeping accommodation that is not > 300m2 in building area, and not > 600m2 if sprinklered.
Relocatable Commercial/Industrial/Residential Structures under this scope typically include units that provide accommodations for commercial/industrial work forces living and/or working in temporary locations. This certification also applies to Groups D and F3 Occupancies used for work forces living in temporary locations.
Conventional Wood or Steel Frame Construction designed in Part 4 by P.Eng.
347/600VAC, 60Hz, 3PH, 800A max.
Central Forced Air Furnaces. Units may be Electric, Natural Gas, or LPG fired. Systems may be equipped with Air Conditioning and/or Hydronic Heating.
Conventional Drainage and Vent systems, potable water systems to a maximum of 240 hydraulic fixture units.
Units may be Natural Gas or Propane fired.
The materials, products or systems listed in this directory have been qualified to bear the QAI Listing Mark under the conditions stated with each Listing. Only those products bearing the QAI Listing Mark are considered to be listed by QAI.
No warrantee is expressed or implied, and no guarantee is provided that any jurisdictional authority will accept the Listing found herein. The appropriate authorities should be contacted regarding the acceptability of any given Listing.
Visit the QAI Online Listing Directory located at www.qai.org for the most up to date version of this Listing and to validate that this QAI Listing is active. Questions regarding this listing may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the listing number in the request.