ATCO Structures and Logistics Ltd.
Factory Built Structures Listing Program
- ATCO Structures and Logistics Ltd.
- Factory Built Business Commercial Industrial Structures
- Calgary, Alberta
- July 12, 2021
- August 4, 2022
CSA A277-16 “Procedure for certification of prefabricated buildings, modules, and panels”,
CSA C22.1 Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1 – As Provincially Amended,
CSA B149.1 Natural Gas and Propane Installation Code – As Provincially Amended,
Alberta Building Code (Part 9),
National Plumbing Code of Canada 2015 – As Provincially Amended,
National Building Code of Canada 2015 (Part 9),
British Columbia Building Code (Part 9),
British Columbia Plumbing Code,
Ontario Electrical Safety Code,
Ontario Building Code, and
Ontario Plumbing Code
Note: Unless otherwise specified, the Standards/Code noted are the most recent versions in effect.
Factory Built Business Commercial Industrial Structures
Products are marked in a permanent manner where it is readily visible after installation with the following:
1. The QAI label (item 1096) is normally located in close proximity to the electrical panel and includes:
• Certification Label Serial Number,
• QAI certification logo with the “c” identifier,
• “Business, Commercial, Industrial Structure”
2. The Specification Nameplate (item 1068, 8-1/2” x 14” in size) is located in close proximity to the electrical panel and includes:
• Manufacturer’s Name and Address,
• Date of Manufacture,
• Product Serial Number or Product Code,
• Foundation Type,
• Floor Live Load,
• Specified Snow Load (1/50),
• Seismic Response Sa(0.2),
• Hourly Wind Pressure (1/50)
• Building Envelope Effective Thermal Resistance
• Windows/Doors/Skylights Thermal Characteristics,
• Outside Design Temperature (Heat Loss/Heat Gain),
• Factory Installed Appliances,
• Site Installed Components, Assemblies, and Systems,
• Electrical System Voltage, Frequency, and Amperage
Other Markings as required by the Relevant Codes.
Note: the QAI Label and Specification Nameplate are available from QAI and must be applied in the factory.
Business, Commercial, Industrial Structures classified under a Single Major Occupancy – Group D – Business and Professional Services, Group E – Mercantile, Group F2 – Medium Hazard Industrial, or F3 – Low Hazard Industrial. Buildings are constructed in single or multiple modules in single or two storey configurations and have a building area not exceeding 600m2.
Business, Commercial, Industrial Structures are designed and constructed within the limitations of Part 9 of the Building Code. This listing does not include multiple major occupancy buildings that require fire and sound separations or shared egress facilities.
For a full list of structures covered under the above Occupancy Classifications, please refer to Division B, Notes to Part 3, A-126.96.36.199.(1) Major Occupancy Classification in the National Building Code of Canada.
Conventional Wood or Steel Frame Construction, may include Part 4 design.
347/600VAC, 3PH, 60Hz, 800Amps maximum
Conventional drainage and vent systems to a maximum of 240 hydraulic fixture units, Potable Water System
Central Forced Air Furnaces. Units may be Electric, Natural Gas, or LPG Fired. Systems may be Equipped with Air Conditioning and/or Hydronic heating (capacity)
Modules may be equipped with Natural Gas-Fired equipment and appliances.
The materials, products or systems listed in this directory have been qualified to bear the QAI Listing Mark under the conditions stated with each Listing. Only those products bearing the QAI Listing Mark are considered to be listed by QAI.
No warrantee is expressed or implied, and no guarantee is provided that any jurisdictional authority will accept the Listing found herein. The appropriate authorities should be contacted regarding the acceptability of any given Listing.
Visit the QAI Online Listing Directory located at www.qai.org for the most up to date version of this Listing and to validate that this QAI Listing is active. Questions regarding this listing may be directed to email@example.com. Please include the listing number in the request.