ATCO Structures and Logistics Ltd.
Factory Built Structures Listing Program
- ATCO Structures and Logistics Ltd.
- Prefabricated Modules
- Calgary, AB
- REC712-5 ED 2
- July 29, 2021
- August 4, 2022
CSA A277-16 “Procedure for certification of prefabricated buildings, modules, and panels”,
CSA C22.1 Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1 – As Provincially Amended
Alberta Building Code, Part 9,
BC Building Code, Part 9,
BC Plumbing Code,
National Plumbing Code of Canada 2015
Note: Unless otherwise specified, the Standards/Codes noted are the most current versions in effect.
Prefabricated Commercial and Industrial Modules – Part 9
Products are marked in a permanent manner where it is readily visible after installation with the following:
1. Each module is marked with the QAI label (item 1066) and includes:
• Manufacturer’s Name,
• “Prefabricated Module”,
• Module Serial Number,
• Reference to the Specification Nameplate,
• Certification Label Serial Number,
• QAI certification logo with the ‘C’ Identifier shown below:
QAI Logo shown here:
2. The QAI Specification Nameplate (item 1068, 8-1/2” x 14” in size) is located in close proximity to the electrical panel and includes the following as applicable:
• Manufacturer’s Name and Address,
• Date of Manufacture,
• Model Serial Number or Product Code,
• Foundation Type (Perimeter Foundation Wall or Piers),
• Floor Live Load,
• Specified Snow Load (1/50),
• Hourly Wind Pressure (1/50),
• Seismic Response Sa(0.2),
• Building Envelope Effective Thermal Resistance,
• Windows/Doors/Skylights Thermal Characteristics,
• Outside Design Temperature (Heat Loss/Heat Gain),
• Factory Installed Appliances,
• Site Installed Components, Assemblies, and Systems
• Electrical System Voltage, Frequency, and Amperage
Other Markings as required by the relevant Codes.
The QAI Label and Specification Nameplate are available from QAI and must be applied at the Factory.
Factory Built Commercial Industrial Modules (Part 9) and are classified under Groups D, E, F2 and F3. The Modules include open or closed non-planar subassemblies constructed in a factory and designed for use as an integral part of a commercial or industrial building within the Scope of Part 9 of the Alberta Building Code and BC Building Code. Modules may be in single or multiple module configurations having a building area not exceeding 600m2 and are in single storey configuration.
Conventional Wood Frame construction within the limitations of Part 9. May include Part 4 design
120/208V, 3PH, 60Hz, 400A max.
Electrical central forced air furnaces and air conditioning
Conventional Drainage and Vent systems and potable supply to a maximum of 240 hydraulic fixture units.
The materials, products or systems listed in this directory have been qualified to bear the QAI Listing Mark under the conditions stated with each Listing. Only those products bearing the QAI Listing Mark are considered to be listed by QAI.
No warrantee is expressed or implied, and no guarantee is provided that any jurisdictional authority will accept the Listing found herein. The appropriate authorities should be contacted regarding the acceptability of any given Listing.
Visit the QAI Online Listing Directory located at www.qai.org for the most up to date version of this Listing and to validate that this QAI Listing is active. Questions regarding this listing may be directed to email@example.com. Please include the listing number in the request.