Bi Pure Water Inc.
Factory Built Structures Listing Program
- Bi Pure Water Inc.
- Permanent Engineered Structures
- Surrey, BC
- June 28, 2019
- November 30, 2021
• CSA A277-16 “Procedure for certification of prefabricated buildings, modules, and panels”,
• National Building Code of Canada (Parts 3,4,5,6),
• BC Building Code (Parts 3,4,5,6), and
• CSA C22.1 Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1
Note: Unless otherwise specified, the Standards/Codes noted above are the most current versions in effect.
Permanent Engineered Structures
All markings must be permanent and visible after installation.
1. The QAI label (item 1097 – Permanent Engineered Structures CSA A277 Compliance Label) is normally located in close proximity to the electrical panel.
• Certification Label Number
• QAI certification logo with the ‘c’ identifier
• QAI logo shown here:
2. The Specification Nameplate (item 1068, 8-1/2” x 14” in size) is normally located in close proximity to the electrical panel and includes:
• Manufacturer’s Name and Address
• Date of Manufacture,
• Model Serial Number or Product Code,
• Foundation Type (Perimeter Foundation Wall or Piers),
• Floor Live Load,
• Specified Snow Load (1/50),
• Seismic Response Sa(0.2),
• Hourly Wind Pressure (1/50),
• Envelope Effective Thermal Resistance,
• Windows/Doors/Skylights Thermal Characteristics,
• Outside Design Temperature (Heat Loss/Heat Gain),
• Factory Installed Appliances,
• Site Installed Components, Assemblies, and Systems, and
• Electrical Systems Voltage, Frequency, and Amperage
3. Other Markings as required by the relevant Codes.
The QAI Label and Specification Nameplate are available from QAI and must be applied at the Factory.
Permanent Engineered Structures built under Parts 3,4,5,6 of the BC Building Code and National Building Code of Canada. Structures are used for single Major Occupancy classified as Group F, Division 3 – Low Hazard Industrial Occupancies, constructed in single modules in single storey configurations. Structures classified in this occupancy are not intended for general public access.
Structures in this listing typically include but are not limited to water treatment plants or other similar buildings for water treatment systems. This listing does not apply to sleeping quarters, office spaces, and other residential or commercial buildings and/or any buildings designed for multiple Major Occupancies.
For a full list of structures covered under this occupancy, please refer to Division B, Notes to Part 3, A-18.104.22.168.(1) Major Occupancy Classification in the National Building Code.
Steel framed structure, or steel shipping container modified under CSA A660 and W47.1 with all designs completed in Part 4 by P.Eng.
120/208V, 3PH, 60Hz, 200A max.
Electric unit heaters and exhaust fans. Units to be electric only. Systems may be equipped with HVAC system.
Fire Alarm System:
This certification covers factory installed portions of the fire alarm systems. This certification does not cover completion of the fire alarm systems on site. The design of the Fire Alarm Systems must be approved by a professional engineer registered in the province where the units are intended to be installed. Installation and commissioning of the systems must be completed on site by qualified technicians as per the requirements of the local authority having jurisdiction.
The materials, products or systems listed in this directory have been qualified to bear the QAI Listing Mark under the conditions stated with each Listing. Only those products bearing the QAI Listing Mark are considered to be listed by QAI.
No warrantee is expressed or implied, and no guarantee is provided that any jurisdictional authority will accept the Listing found herein. The appropriate authorities should be contacted regarding the acceptability of any given Listing.
Visit the QAI Online Listing Directory located at www.qai.org for the most up to date version of this Listing and to validate that this QAI Listing is active. Questions regarding this listing may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the listing number in the request.