Factory Built Structures Listing Program
- Commercial Structures
- Mobile Relocatable Commercial Industrial Structures
- Nappanee, Indiana
- August 31, 2012
CSA A277-08 “Procedure for Factory Certification of Buildings”
CSA C22.1 -12 “Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1, Safety Standard for Electrical Installations”
Alberta Building Code 2006, Part 9 & 10
British Columbia Building Code, 2006 – Part 9
Ontario Building Code, 2006 – Part 7 & 9
National Building Code 2010
National Plumbing Code 2010
Note: Unless otherwise specified, the standards/Code noted are the most current versions in effect.
Mobile Relocatable Commercial Industrial Structures
1. The specification nameplate (Item 1061, black lettering on white background, 8-1/2” x 11”) is located in close proximity to the electrical panel board and includes:
- manufacturer’s name and address
- serial number
- year of manufacture
- Fuel type
- Complete Electrical Rating
- A list of appliances that are factory installed
- Ground snow load and roof design snow load
- Thermal resistance of insulation and the outside design temperature used in heat-loss calculations
- The Building Codes met by the building
- Additional markings as may be required
2. QAI label with ‘C’ identifier (Item 1093) – Relocatable Commercial/Industrial Structures – Alberta Plumbing and Gas Compliance Label (Alberta Part 10 Program)
3. QAI Label with ‘C’ identifier (Item 1094) – Relocatable Commercial/Industrial Structures – Alberta Electrical Compliance Label (Alberta Part 10 Program)
4. QAI Label with ‘C’ identifier (Item 1095) – Relocatable Commercial/Industrial Structures – A277 Compliance Label
p class=”MsoNormal”>The scope of buildings covered by this Listing include:
Buildings are: Commercial/Industrial structures comprised of single or multiple modules. Group D occupancy in a single storey configuration and without sprinkler systems. Buildings without sleeping accommodation have a building area not exceeding 1200m2.
Structural: Conventional wood frame construction
Electrical Rating: 120/240 VAC, 60Hz, 200A max
Heating/Ventilation: Exterior wall mounted forced air furnaces. Units to be Electric only. Systems maybe equipped with air conditioning.
Plumbing: Conventional drainage and vent systems to a maximum of 240 hydraulic fixture units.
This listing does not include buildings for use in locations in the Province of British Columbia that require a capillary break in exterior walls. This listing does not include vehicular lighting or break wiring systems.
Structures included in this listing are relocatable commercial/industrial structures manufactured at a central facility complete with electrical wiring, for installation to other modules in the field. These units, when completely assembled on site, are equipped with normal facilities for connection to electrical and plumbing services. QAI certification covers the construction of the structures and any factory installed electrical and plumbing services, and is intended to obviate the necessity of further inspections by the local regulatory authorities except for site connections to services or to other modules and for site mounting features.
Structures are built to conform to CSA Standard A277, Alberta Building Code (Part 9 & 10), Ontario Building Code (Part 7 & 9), British Columbia Building Code (Part 9), Canadian Electrical Code (Part 1), and National Plumbing Code (as applicable).
Interconnection of modules, completion of structural systems and connection to services must be finished on site as specified in the electrical and building permits and are subject to inspection by the local authorities having jurisdiction.
Products shall be installed in accordance with the local code of the authority having jurisdiction.
The materials, products or systems listed in this directory have been qualified to bear the QAI Listing Mark under the conditions stated with each Listing. Only those products bearing the QAI Listing Mark are considered to be listed by QAI. No warrantee is expressed or implied, and no guarantee is provided that any jurisdictional authority will accept the Listing found herein. The appropriate authorities should be contacted regarding the acceptability of any given Listing. Visit the QAI Online Listing Directory located at www.qai.org for the most up to date version of this Listing and to validate that this QAI Listing is active. Questions regarding this listing may be directed to email@example.com. Please include the listing number in the request.