Eco Chief Products
Building Products Listing Program
- Eco Chief Products
- Roofing Underlayments
- Haltom City, TX
- August 1, 2016
- August 1, 2016
ASTM E108 – “Standard Test Methods for Fire Tests of Roof Coverings.”
Also complies with performance requirements of:
ASTM D226 – “Standard Specification for Asphalt-Saturated Organic Felt Used in Roofing and Waterproofing.”
ASTM D4869 – “Standard Specification for Asphalt-Saturated (Organic Felt) Underlayment Used in Steep Slope Roofing”
SOLARHIDE™ Roofing Underlayment.
Listed products are identified with a label bearing the following information:
• Product name
• Company name, logo, address and phone number
• Manufacturing plant address, including city and state of manufacture
• QAI logo with ‘us’ indicators
• QAI Certification Listing Number (B1094-1)
• Information for traceability
• Roll length and width
MODEL WIDTH LENGTH WEIGHT SOLARHIDE™ Roofing Underlayment 48 inches
5.24 lbs/100 ft2
The following outlines physical property classification of QAI certified Eco Chief Roofing Underlayment products:
Eco Chief Roofing Underlayment – Physical Property Specifications
PRODUCT TEST METHOD CLASSIFICATION SOLARHIDE™ Roofing Underlayment ASTM D2261 Type II ASTM D4869 Meets Requirements
Note 1: ASTM D226 and ASTM D4869 outline specifications for asphalt-impregnated organic felt materials. Eco Chief non-asphalt underlayment products in this table were tested and found to comply with the performance specifications outlined in D226and D4869 for the classifications noted.
The following outlines roof fire classifications of QAI certified Eco Chief underlayment products:
Eco Chief Roofing Underlayment – Class A Roof Fire Assembly (No Slope Limitations)
SHEATHING UNDERLAYMENT ROOF COVERING Minimum 15/32” Exposure 1 Plywood SOLARHIDE™ Roofing Underlayment
Minimum single layer mechanically fastened with overlaps per manufacturer’s installation instructions.
One layer of Class A listed* three-tab asphalt roof shingles, or equivalent, complying with ASTM D3018, and having a minimum installed weight of 180 pounds per 100 ft2 (9.28 kg/m2), installed per the manufacturer’s installation instructions.
Brick, masonry, slate, clay or concrete roof tile, exposed concrete roof decks.
DaVinci Shake, DaVinci Slate, DaVinci Bellaforte Shake, DaVinci Bellaforte Slate, DaVinci Valoré, DaVinci Valoré Slate (as described in QAI Listing B1050)
* Note 1: Asphalt Shingles are listed Class A components of a listed roofdeck assembly by an Approved Agency. The third party program in which products are certified, carry a label, and are listed in the directory of an agency accredited by the International Accreditation Service, Inc. (IAS), or by an accredited body that is a partner with IAS in a mutual recognition arrangement, pertaining to certification bodies and their compliance with ISO/IEC Guide 65, General Requirements for Bodies Operating Product Certification Systems. The asphalt shingle components are to meet Class A Classification when tested to ASTM E108.
The materials, products or systems listed in this directory have been qualified to bear the QAI Listing Mark under the conditions stated with each Listing. Only those products bearing the QAI Listing Mark are considered to be listed by QAI.
No warrantee is expressed or implied, and no guarantee is provided that any jurisdictional authority will accept the Listing found herein. The appropriate authorities should be contacted regarding the acceptability of any given Listing.
Visit the QAI Online Listing Directory located at www.qai.org for the most up to date version of this Listing and to validate that this QAI Listing is active. Questions regarding this listing may be directed to email@example.com. Please include the listing number in the request.