Grandeur Housing Ltd.
Factory Built Structures Listing Program
- Grandeur Housing Ltd.
- Permanent Engineered Structures
- Winkler, Manitoba
- April 19, 2018
- April 24, 2019
CSA A277 “Procedure for Factory Certification of Prefabricated Buildings, and Panels”
National Building Code of Canada
National Plumbing Code of Canada
CSA C22.1-15 “Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1, Safety Standard for Electrical Installations”
Note: Codes above as amended by the Province of Manitoba.
Note: Unless otherwise specified, the standards/Code noted are the most current versions in effect.
Factory Built Permanent Engineered Structures
Products are labelled and marked in a permanent manner where it is readily visible after installation with the following information:
1. The Specification Nameplate (item 1068, white with black, 8-1/2” x 14”) is located in close proximity to the electrical panel and includes:
• Manufacturer’s Name and Address
• Date of Manufacture
• Model Serial Number or Product Code
• Foundation Type (Perimeter Foundation Wall or Piers)
• Floor Live Load
• Specified Snow Load (1/50)
• Seismic Spectral Response Sa(0.2)
• Hourly Wind Pressure (1/50)
• Envelope Effective Thermal Resistance
• Windows/Doors/Skylights Thermal Characteristics
• Outside Design Temperature (Heat Loss or Heat Gain)
• Factory Installed Appliances
• Site Installed Components, Assemblies, and Systems
• Electrical Systems Voltage, Frequency, and Amperage
2. QAI label with ‘c’ identifier (Item 1097) – black lettering with silver background is normally located in close proximity to the electrical panel.
• Certification label serial number
• QAI certification logo with the ‘c’ identifier
• “Permanent Engineered Structures”
• QAI logo shown here:
Permanent Engineered Structures under Part 3,4,5,6 of the National Building Code. Structures are classified under one major occupancy (Group A-2 – Assembly), comprised of single or multiple modules in single storey configurations that may be installed on piers or on a permanent foundation. The structures included in this listing fall outside of Part 9 and require engineered design, with respect to structural, fire safety, and mechanical systems.
Structures under this listing typically include units used as classrooms. This listing does not include structures with multiple Major Occupancies.
For a full list of structures covered under this occupancy please refer to Appendix A, Division B of the National Building Code.
Conventional wood frame construction.
120/240V, 60 Hz, 200A max.
Conventional drainage and vent systems to a maximum of 240 hydraulic fixture units.
Structures may be equipped with a heat recovery ventilator and electric air conditioning units.
Structures included in this listing are manufactured at a central facility and transported to the site location. These modules, completed in factory, or assembled on site, include provisions for on-site connections to municipal services. These services may include, water, sewer and electrical power supply. QAI certification covers the construction of the modules and any factory installed electrical, plumbing, appliances, equipment and fixtures. QAI certification is intended to obviate the necessity of further inspections by local regulatory authorities except for site connections to services or to other modules and for any site installed features.
Site installation of products must be done according to manufacturer’s installation instructions and in compliance with the requirements set by the local authority having jurisdiction.
The materials, products or systems listed in this directory have been qualified to bear the QAI Listing Mark under the conditions stated with each Listing. Only those products bearing the QAI Listing Mark are considered to be listed by QAI.
No warrantee is expressed or implied, and no guarantee is provided that any jurisdictional authority will accept the Listing found herein. The appropriate authorities should be contacted regarding the acceptability of any given Listing.
Visit the QAI Online Listing Directory located at www.qai.org for the most up to date version of this Listing and to validate that this QAI Listing is active. Questions regarding this listing may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the listing number in the request.