Hard Shak Structures Inc.
Factory Built Structures Listing Program
- Hard Shak Structures Inc.
- Business Commercial Industrial Structures
- Lumsden, Saskatchewan
- November 30, 2021
- November 30, 2021
CSA A277 “Procedure for certification of prefabricated buildings, modules, and panels”
CSA C22.1 “Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1, Safety Standard for Electrical Installations”
National Building Code – Alberta Edition, Parts 9
National Building Code, Part 9
National Plumbing Code of Canada, and
CSA B149.1 “Natural Gas and Propane Installation Code”
Note: Unless otherwise specified, the Standards/Codes noted are the most current versions in effect
Business Commercial Industrial Structures
All markings must be permanent and visible after installation.
1. The Specification Nameplate (item 1068, white with black, 8-1/2” x 14”) is located in close proximity to the electrical panel and includes:
• Manufacturer’s Name and Address,
• Date of Manufacture,
• Model Serial Number or Product Code,
• Foundation type,
• Floor Live Load,
• Specified Snow Load (1/50),
• Seismic Response Sa(0.2),
• Hourly Wind Pressure (1/50),
• Building Envelope Effective Thermal Resistance,
• Windows/Doors/Skylights Thermal Characteristics,
• Outside Design Temperature (Heat Loss or Heat Gain),
• Factory Installed Appliances,
• Site Installed Components, Assemblies, and Systems,
• Electrical System Voltage, Frequency, and Amperage
2. QAI label with ‘C’ identifier (item 1096 – black lettering with silver background) is normally located in close proximity to the electrical panel.
QAI Logo shown here:
Note: The QAI label and specification nameplate are available from QAI and must be applied at the factory
Structures are used for single Major Occupancy classified as Group D – Business and Personal Services, or Group F-3 – Low-Hazard Industrial occupancies, constructed in single or multiple modules in single storey configurations with a building area not exceeding 600 m2.
Business Commercial Industrial Structures under this scope typically include office units, equipment storage units, construction camp facilities such as construction camp trailers. This listing does not include apartment buildings, hotels, motels, detention facilities, dwelling units, multi-residential units requiring fire separations, and other types of buildings for use on hazardous locations.
For a full list of structures covered under each occupancy, please refer to Notes to Part 3, A-22.214.171.124.(1) Major Occupancy Classification in the National Building Code. This Listing does not include multiple Occupancies.
Conventional wood frame construction within the limitations of Part 9 of the National Building Code
120/240V, 60Hz, 1PH, 100A max or 120/240V, 60Hz, 3PH, 200A max
Conventional drain and vent systems to a maximum of 240 hydraulic fixture units.
Units may be equipped with an exterior wall mounted central forced air furnace. Heating units may be electric, natural gas, or LPG fired. System may include air conditioning.
Units may be equipped with natural gas or LPG fired exterior wall mounted forced air furnace.
The materials, products or systems listed in this directory have been qualified to bear the QAI Listing Mark under the conditions stated with each Listing. Only those products bearing the QAI Listing Mark are considered to be listed by QAI.
No warrantee is expressed or implied, and no guarantee is provided that any jurisdictional authority will accept the Listing found herein. The appropriate authorities should be contacted regarding the acceptability of any given Listing.
Visit the QAI Online Listing Directory located at www.qai.org for the most up to date version of this Listing and to validate that this QAI Listing is active. Questions regarding this listing may be directed to email@example.com. Please include the listing number in the request.