Northgate Industries Ltd.
Factory Built Structures Listing Program
- Northgate Industries Ltd.
- Relocatable Commercial/Industrial Structures
- August 7th, 2018
- August 7th, 2018
CSA A277 “Procedure for Certification of Prefabricated Buildings, Modules, and Panels”
CSA C22.1-15 “Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1, Safety Standard for Electrical Installations”
Alberta Building Code 2014 Part 10
Alberta Building Code 2014 Part 3, 4, 5, & 6
National Plumbing Code
Note: Unless otherwise specified, the standards/Code noted are the most current versions in effect.
Relocatable Commercial / Industrial Units
All markings must be permanent and visible after installation.
1. The specification nameplate (item 1068, white with black, 8-1/2” x 14”) is located in close proximity to the electrical panel and includes:
• Manufacturer’s Name and Address
• Date of Manufacture
• Model Serial Number or Product Code
• Foundation Type (Perimeter Foundation Wall or Piers)
• Floor live Load
• Specified Snow Load (1/50)
• Seismic Response Sa(0.2)
• Hourly Wind Pressure (1/50)
• Envelope Effective Thermal Resistance
• Windows/Doors/Skylights Thermal Characteristics
• Outside Design Temperature (Heal Loss or Heat Gain)
• Factory Installed Appliances
• Site Installed Components, Assemblies, and Systems
• Electrical Systems Voltage, Frequency, and Amperage
2. QAI label with ‘C’ identifier (Item 1093) – Relocatable Commercial/Industrial Structures – Alberta Plumbing and Gas Compliance Label (Alberta Part 10 Program)
3. QAI Label with ‘C’ identifier (Item 1094) – Relocatable Commercial/Industrial Structures – Alberta Electrical Compliance Label (Alberta Part 10 Program)
4. QAI Label with ‘C’ identifier (Item 1095) – Relocatable Commercial/Industrial Structures – A277 Compliance Label
Note: the QAI label and specification nameplate are available from QAI and must be applied at the factory.
The scope of structures covered by this listing include:
Commercial/Industrial Relocatable structures comprised of single or multiple modules in single storey configurations. Structures are classified under Group A – Division 2 Assembly Occupancies. This Commercial/Industrial structure listing includes kitchen/dining units, and similar commercial or industrial buildings.
Main Service: 120/240V, 60Hz, 200A max Sub-Panel: 120/240V, 60Hz, 100A max
Conventional Wood Frame Construction. Must be designed and signed off by a Professional Engineer registered in Alberta under Part 4
Central forced air furnaces. Units may be electric. Systems may be equipped with air conditioning
Conventional drainage and vent system to a maximum of 240 hydraulic fixture units
N/A (Installed on site)
The operation of the complete fire suppression system is not included in this report and QAI certification. This report does not include structures for use in hazardous locations.
Structures included in this listing are manufactured at a central facility and transported to the site. These modules include provisions for on-site interconnections, connection to municipal water, sewer, and electrical services. QAI certification covers the construction of the structures including any factory installed plumbing and electrical services, equipment and fixtures. QAI certification is intended to obviate the necessity of further inspection by the local regulatory authorities except for site connections to services or to other modules and for site installed features.
Interconnection of modules and connection to services must be finished on site as specified in the plumbing and electrical permits and are subject to inspection from the local authorities having jurisdiction.
Structures shall be installed under permit in accordance with the codes enforced by the authority having jurisdiction.
The materials, products or systems listed in this directory have been qualified to bear the QAI Listing Mark under the conditions stated with each Listing. Only those products bearing the QAI Listing Mark are considered to be listed by QAI.
No warrantee is expressed or implied, and no guarantee is provided that any jurisdictional authority will accept the Listing found herein. The appropriate authorities should be contacted regarding the acceptability of any given Listing.
Visit the QAI Online Listing Directory located at www.qai.org for the most up to date version of this Listing and to validate that this QAI Listing is active. Questions regarding this listing may be directed to email@example.com. Please include the listing number in the request.