Northgate Industries Ltd.
Factory Built Structures Listing Program
- Northgate Industries Ltd.
- Business Commercial Industrial Structures
- Edmonton, AB
- REC696-4 ED 6
- April 26, 2019
- July 29, 2022
CSA A277-16 “Procedure for certification of prefabricated buildings, modules, and panels”,
CSA C22.1:18 Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1 (24th Edition),
BC Building Code (Part 9),
BC Plumbing Code,
National Building Code 2015 (Part 9),
National Plumbing Code 2015,
Ontario Building Code (Part 9),
Ontario Plumbing Code,
Ontario Electrical Safety Code,
Alberta Building Code (Part 9), and
CSA B149.1 “Natural gas and propane installation code”
CSA B139 “Installation code for oil-burning equipment”
Note: Unless otherwise specified, the Standards/Codes noted are the most current versions in effect.
Business Commercial Industrial Structures
All markings must be permanent and visible after installation.
1. The Specification Nameplate (item 1068, white with black, 8-1/2” x 14”) is normally in close proximity to the electrical panel and includes:
• Manufacturer’s Name and Address,
• Date of Manufacture,
• Model Serial Number or Product Code,
• Foundation Type (Perimeter Foundation Wall or Piers),
• Floor Live Load,
• Specified Snow Load (1/50),
• Seismic response Sa(0.2),
• Hourly Wind Pressure (1/50),
• Building Envelope Thermal Effectiveness,
• Windows/Doors/Skylights Thermal Resistance,
• Outside Design Temperature (Heat Loss/Heat Gain),
• Factory Installed Appliances,
• Site Installed Components, Assemblies, and Systems, and
• Electrical System Voltage, Frequency and Amperage
2. QAI Label with the ‘c’ identifier (item 1096 – black lettering with silver background) is normally located in close proximity to the electrical panel.
QAI Logo shown here:
Other markings as required by the relevant Codes.
The QAI Label and Specification Nameplate are available from QAI and must be applied at the factory.
Factory Built Modular Structures constructed in single or multiple modules in single storey configurations with a building area not exceeding 600m2. This listing includes structures intended to be used under a single Major Occupancy classified as Group D – Business and Personal Services.
Conventional wood frame construction within the limitations of Part 9 of the applicable Building Codes. May include Part 4 Structural Design.
120/208V, 3PH, 60Hz, 200A max.
Conventional drainage and vent system to a maximum of 240 hydraulic fixture units.
Exterior wall mounted HVAC system and/or central forced air furnaces. Units may be equipped with baseboard heaters. Appliances and equipment may be electric, LPG or natural gas.
Units may contain natural gas or LPG fired appliances and equipment
Units may be equipped with a direct oil fired furnace.
The materials, products or systems listed in this directory have been qualified to bear the QAI Listing Mark under the conditions stated with each Listing. Only those products bearing the QAI Listing Mark are considered to be listed by QAI.
No warrantee is expressed or implied, and no guarantee is provided that any jurisdictional authority will accept the Listing found herein. The appropriate authorities should be contacted regarding the acceptability of any given Listing.
Visit the QAI Online Listing Directory located at www.qai.org for the most up to date version of this Listing and to validate that this QAI Listing is active. Questions regarding this listing may be directed to email@example.com. Please include the listing number in the request.