Northgate Industries Ltd.
Factory Built Structures Listing Program
- Northgate Industries Ltd.
- Permanent Engineered Structures
- Edmonton, AB
- July 26, 2021
- July 26, 2021
CSA A277-16 “Procedure for certification of prefabricated buildings, modules, and panels”,
CSA C22.1, Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1,
Alberta Building Code (Parts 3,4,5,6),
National Plumbing Code of Canada
Note: Unless otherwise specified, the Standards/Codes noted are the most current versions in effect.
Permanent Engineered Structures
All markings must be permanent and visible after installation:
1. The Specification Nameplate (item 1068, white with black, 8-1/2” x 14”) is located in close proximity to the electrical panel and includes:
• Manufacturer’s Name and Address,
• Date of Manufacture,
• Model Serial Number of Product Code,
• Foundation Type (Perimeter Foundation Wall or Piers),
• Floor Live Load,
• Specified Snow Load (1/50),
• Seismic Response Sa(0.2),
• Hourly Wind Pressure (1/50),
• Envelope Effective Thermal Resistance,
• Windows/Doors/Skylights Thermal Resistance,
• Outside Design Temperature (Heat Loss/Heat Gain),
• Factory Installed Appliances,
• Site Installed Components, Assemblies, and Systems,
• Electrical Systems Voltage, Frequency and Amperage
2. QAI Label with ‘C’ Identifier (item 1097 – Permanent Engineered Structures) is normally located in close proximity to the electrical panel.
QAI logo shown here:
3. Other markings as required by the relevant codes.
The QAI label and specification nameplate are available from QAI and must be applied at the Factory.
Permanent Engineered Modular Structures built under Parts 3,4,5,6 of the Alberta Building Code. These permanent modular structures are classified under Group A2 Occupancy and are comprised of single modules. Structures included in this listing require Professional Design outside of the scope of Part 9 with respect to Architectural, Structural, and Mechanical Systems.
Structures under this listing typically include classroom units intended to be connected to School Buildings on site. This listing does not include structures with multiple Major Occupancies.
For a full list of structures covered under this occupancy, please refer to Notes to Part 3, A-184.108.40.206.(1) Major Occupancy Classification in the National Building Code.
Engineered Wood Frame or Steel Stud Construction, may contain steel roof joist systems
120/208V, 100A, 3PH, 60Hz
Conventional Drain and vent systems to a maximum of 240 hydraulic fixture units
Units are equipped with Natural Gas fired Air Handler units
None, connected on site.
Fire Alarm System:
The materials, products or systems listed in this directory have been qualified to bear the QAI Listing Mark under the conditions stated with each Listing. Only those products bearing the QAI Listing Mark are considered to be listed by QAI.
No warrantee is expressed or implied, and no guarantee is provided that any jurisdictional authority will accept the Listing found herein. The appropriate authorities should be contacted regarding the acceptability of any given Listing.
Visit the QAI Online Listing Directory located at www.qai.org for the most up to date version of this Listing and to validate that this QAI Listing is active. Questions regarding this listing may be directed to email@example.com. Please include the listing number in the request.