Northgate Industries Ltd.
Factory Built Structures Listing Program
- Northgate Industries Ltd.
- Permanent Engineered Structures
- Edmonton, AB
- September 14, 2021
- September 14, 2021
CSA A277-16 “Procedure for certification of prefabricated buildings, modules, and panels”,
CSA C22.1 “Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1”,
Alberta Building Code (Parts 3,4,5, and 6),
National Plumbing Code of Canada,
CSA B149.1 “Natural Gas and Propane Installation Code”
Note: Unless otherwise specified, the Standards/Codes noted are the most current versions in effect.
Permanent Engineered Structures
All markings must be permanent and visible after installation.
1. The QAI label (Item 1097 – black lettering with silver background) is normally located in close proximity to the electrical panel.
QAI Logo shown here:
2. The Specification Nameplate (item 1068, white with black, 8-1/2” x 14”) is located in close proximity to the electrical panel and includes:
• Manufacturer’s Name and Address
• Date of Manufacture
• Model Serial Number or Product Code
• Foundation Type (Perimeter Foundation Wall or Piers)
• Floor Live Load
• Specified Snow Load (1/50)
• Seismic Response Sa(0.2)
• Hourly Wind Pressure (1/50)
• Building Envelope Effective Thermal Resistance
• Windows/Doors/Skylights Thermal Characteristics
• Outside Design Temperature (Heat Loss/Heat Gain)
• Factory Installed Appliances
• Site Installed Components, Assemblies, and Systems
• Electrical System Voltage, Frequency, Amperage
Permanent Engineered Modular Structures built under Parts 3, 4, 5, and 6 of the Alberta Building Code. These permanent modular structures are intended to be used under a single Major Occupancy classified as Group C – Residential. Structures included in this listing are manufactured in single or multiple modules and will be installed on site under permit from the local Authority Having Jurisdiction.
For a full list f structures covered under the above Occupancy Classification, please refer to Division B, Notes to Part 3, A-126.96.36.199.(1) Major Occupancy Classification in the Alberta Building Code.
The Design of each discipline; Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical and Fire Suppression/Alarm systems require review and approval by Registered Professionals licensed to practice in the province where the units are destined to be installed.
Conventional Wood Frame Construction designed in Part 4 by Professional Engineer.
120/208V, 1PH, 60Hz, 100A max
Heating and Ventilation:
Suites may be equipped with Forced Air Furnaces and include ERV
Conventional drainage and vent systems toa maximum of 240 hydraulic fixture units.
Modules may be equipped with a gas-fired forced air furnace.
Sprinkler and Fire Alarm Systems:
The certification covers factory installed portions of the fire alarm and sprinkler systems. The design of the fire alarm and sprinkler system must be completed by a professional engineer registered in the province in which the building is located. Installation and commissioning of the fire alarm and sprinkler system must be completed on site by qualified technicians as per the requirements of the Authority Having Jurisdiction.
The materials, products or systems listed in this directory have been qualified to bear the QAI Listing Mark under the conditions stated with each Listing. Only those products bearing the QAI Listing Mark are considered to be listed by QAI.
No warrantee is expressed or implied, and no guarantee is provided that any jurisdictional authority will accept the Listing found herein. The appropriate authorities should be contacted regarding the acceptability of any given Listing.
Visit the QAI Online Listing Directory located at www.qai.org for the most up to date version of this Listing and to validate that this QAI Listing is active. Questions regarding this listing may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the listing number in the request.