Northgate Industries Ltd.
Factory Built Structures Listing Program
- Northgate Industries Ltd.
- Relocatable Commercial/Industrial Structures- Electrical Features Only
- Edmonton, AB
- April 6, 2018
- April 6, 2018
CSA A277 “Procedure for Certification of Prefabricated Buildings, Modules, and Panels”
CSA C22.1-15 Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1, “Safety Standard for Electrical Installations”
Note: Unless otherwise specified, the standards/Code noted are the most current versions in effect.
Relocatable Commercial / Industrial Units – For Electrical Features Only
All markings must be permanent and visible after installation.
1. The QAI label (item 1069, black print on silver background) is normally in close proximity to the electrical panel
2. The specification nameplate (item 1068, white with black, 8-1/2” x 14”) is located in close proximity to the electrical panel and includes:
• Manufacturer’s Name and Address
• Date of Manufacture
• Model Serial Number or Product Code
• Foundation Type (Perimeter Foundation Wall or Piers)
• Floor live Load
• Specified Snow Load (1/50)
• Seismic Response Sa(0.2)
• Hourly Wind Pressure (1/50)
• Envelope Effective Thermal Resistance
• Windows/Doors/Skylights Thermal Characteristics
• Outside Design Temperature (Heal Loss or Heat Gain)
• Factory Installed Appliances
• Site Installed Components, Assemblies, and Systems
• Electrical Systems Voltage, Frequency, and Amperage
3. Other markings as required by CSA 22.1
The scope of structures covered by this listing include:
Relocatable Commercial/Industrial structures comprised of single or multiple modules. Commercial/Industrial structures typically include but are not limited to office space, stores, construction camp facilities such as washroom facilities, dormitories, kitchens and dining trailers, equipment buildings, and other similar commercial or industrial buildings.
Main Service: 120/240V, 60Hz, 400A max or 120/208V, 60Hz, 1200A max Sub-Panel: 120/240V, 60Hz, 200A max or 120/208V, 60Hz, 200A max
The operation of the complete fire suppression system is not included in this report and QAI certification. This report does not include structures for use in hazardous locations.
Structure included in this Listing are manufactured at a central facility, complete with electrical wiring, for installation or connection to other modules in the field. These units, when completely assembled in the field, are equipped with normal facilities for connection to electrical services. QAI certification covers any factory installed electrical services and is intended to obviate the necessity of further inspection by the local regulatory authorities except for field service connections, any interconnections between modules, and for field installed features.
Interconnection of modules and connection to services must be finished on site as specified in the electrical permits and are subject to inspection from the local authorities having jurisdiction.
Structures shall be installed under permit in accordance with the codes enforced by the authority having jurisdiction.
The materials, products or systems listed in this directory have been qualified to bear the QAI Listing Mark under the conditions stated with each Listing. Only those products bearing the QAI Listing Mark are considered to be listed by QAI.
No warrantee is expressed or implied, and no guarantee is provided that any jurisdictional authority will accept the Listing found herein. The appropriate authorities should be contacted regarding the acceptability of any given Listing.
Visit the QAI Online Listing Directory located at www.qai.org for the most up to date version of this Listing and to validate that this QAI Listing is active. Questions regarding this listing may be directed to email@example.com. Please include the listing number in the request.