Pocket House Inc.
Factory Built Structures Listing Program
- Pocket House Inc.
- Modular Homes, Group C Residential
- Lac Ste Anne County, Alberta
- February 10, 2017
- August 31, 2020
• CSA A277 “Procedure for certification of prefabricated buildings, modules, and panels”
• Alberta Building Code (Part 9)
• BC Building Code (Part 9)
• National Plumbing Code of Canada
• BC Plumbing Code
• CSA C22.1 Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1
• CSA B149.1 “Natural Gas and Propane Installation Code”
Modular Homes, Group C Residential
All markings must be permanent and visible after installation.
The QAI label (item 1067, black with gold, 3-1/2” diameter) is normally located in close proximity to the electrical panel and includes:
• Certification label serial number
• QAI certification logo with the “C” identifier
• “Modular Homes”
QAI logo shown here:
The Specification Nameplate (item 1068, white with black, 8-1/2” x 14”) is located in close proximity to the electrical panel and includes:
• Manufacturer’s Name and Address
• Date of Manufacture
• Model Serial Number or Product Code
• Foundation Type (Perimeter Foundation Wall or Piers)
• Floor Live Load
• Specified Snow Load (1/50)
• Seismic Response Sa(0.2)
• Hourly Wind Pressure (1/50)
• Envelope Effective Thermal Resistance
• Windows/Doors/Skylights Thermal Characteristics
• Outside Design Temperature (Heat Loss or Heat Gain)
• Factory Installed Appliances
• Site Installed Components, Assemblies, and Systems
• Electrical systems Voltage, Frequency and Amperage
Other Markings as required by the relevant codes.
The QAI label and specification nameplate are available from QAI and must be applied at the factory.
The scope of modular homes covered in this listing include:
Single dwelling units classified under one major occupancy class (Group C, Residential), constructed in single or multiple modules in one and two storey configurations. Modular buildings constructed under this scope have a building area not exceeding 600m2 and fall within the Scope of Part 9 of the Building Code.
Conventional Wood Frame Construction within the limitations of Part 9. Units are constructed with wood floor and roof truss systems designed in Part 4 with Professional Design.
120/240VAC, 60Hz, 1Phase, 200A max.
The structures may be equipped with electrical baseboard heaters, or high-velocity fan coil system operating with a Gas-fired, on-demand, tankless boiler.
Conventional drainage and venting systems to a maximum of 240 hydraulic fixture units.
Units may be equipped with natural gas or propane fired equipment and appliances including gas fireplaces.
The materials, products or systems listed in this directory have been qualified to bear the QAI Listing Mark under the conditions stated with each Listing. Only those products bearing the QAI Listing Mark are considered to be listed by QAI.
No warrantee is expressed or implied, and no guarantee is provided that any jurisdictional authority will accept the Listing found herein. The appropriate authorities should be contacted regarding the acceptability of any given Listing.
Visit the QAI Online Listing Directory located at www.qai.org for the most up to date version of this Listing and to validate that this QAI Listing is active. Questions regarding this listing may be directed to email@example.com. Please include the listing number in the request.