Triple M Housing Ltd.
Factory Built Structures Listing Program
- Triple M Housing Ltd.
- Permanent Engineered Structures
- Lethbridge, AB
- September 6, 2017
- January 3, 2018
CSA A277 “Procedure for Certification of Prefabricated Buildings, Modules, and Panels”
British Columbia Building Code 2012
British Columbia Plumbing Code 2012
Alberta Building Code 2014
National Building Code
National Plumbing Code
CSA C22.1-15 “Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1, Safety Standard for Electrical Installations”
Note: Unless otherwise specified, the standards/Code noted are the most current versions in effect.
Factory Built Permanent Engineered Structures
All markings must be permanent and visible after installation.
1. The QAI label with ‘C’ identifier (item 1097 – Permanent Engineered Structures CSA A277 Compliance Label) is normally located in close proximity to the electrical panel and displays the QAI logo shown here:
2. The specification nameplate (item 1068, 8-1/2” x 14” in size) is located in close proximity to the electrical panel and includes:
• Manufacturer’s Name and Address
• Date of Manufacture
• Model Serial Number or Product Code
• Foundation Type (Perimeter Foundation Wall or Piers)
• Floor live Load
• Specified Snow Load (1/50)
• Seismic Response Sa(0.2)
• Hourly Wind Pressure (1/50)
• Envelope Effective Thermal Resistance
• Windows/Doors/Skylights Thermal Characteristics
• Outside Design Temperature (Heal Loss or Heat Gain)
• Factory Installed Appliances
• Site Installed Components, Assemblies, and Systems
• Electrical Systems Voltage, Frequency, and Amperage
3. Other Markings as required by the relevant codes.
The QAI label and specification nameplate are available from QAI and must be applied at the factory.
The scope of homes covered in this listing include:
Permanent Engineered Structures under Part 3, 4, 5 and 6 of the British Columbia Building Code, National Building Code, and Alberta Building Code. Structures are used for single Major Occupancy classified as Group A, Division 2 – Assembly occupancies, constructed in single or multiple modules in single storey configurations.
Structures under this listing typically include units used as classrooms. This listing does not include structures with multiple Major Occupancies.
For a full list of structures covered under this occupancy please refer to Appendix A, Division B of the British Columbia Building Code.
Conventional Wood Frame Construction
120/240V, 60Hz, 100A Max.
Central forced air furnaces. Units may be electric. Systems may be equipped with air conditioning
Conventional drainage and vent systems to a maximum of 240 hydraulic fixture units.
Structures included in this listing are manufactured at a central facility and transported to the site. These modules include provisions for on-site interconnections, connection to municipal water, sewer, and electrical services. QAI certification covers the construction of the structures including any factory installed plumbing and electrical services, equipment and fixtures. QAI certification is intended to obviate the necessity of further inspection by the local regulatory authorities except for site connections to services or to other modules and for site installed features.
Site installation of products must be done according to manufacturer’s installation instructions and in compliance with the requirements set by the local authority having jurisdiction.
The materials, products or systems listed in this directory have been qualified to bear the QAI Listing Mark under the conditions stated with each Listing. Only those products bearing the QAI Listing Mark are considered to be listed by QAI.
No warrantee is expressed or implied, and no guarantee is provided that any jurisdictional authority will accept the Listing found herein. The appropriate authorities should be contacted regarding the acceptability of any given Listing.
Visit the QAI Online Listing Directory located at www.qai.org for the most up to date version of this Listing and to validate that this QAI Listing is active. Questions regarding this listing may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the listing number in the request.