QAI offers certification for manufacturers who would like to construct prefabricated modules or panels for panelized assembled structures.
The certification of modules and panels still falls within the CSA A277 program but has specific requirements that the manufacturer must follow. Those include but are not limited to:
- A permanent label must be applied to each module or panel in a location that is easily visible for inspection.
- Connection instructions must be included with the installation manual that will ensure:
- Structural strength and rigidity
- Building envelope integrity (air, vapour, insulation, sheathing, cladding, roofing, flashing, etc…)
- Ducting, piping, and wiring integrity
- Fire separation and fire blocking integrity
Please contact QAI if you would like to add this certification program to your listing or if you have any questions on the program.